"Here in 1814 Tennessee Troops Joined Andrew Jackson's force which won the Creek Indian War. After Indian removal in 1836 these veterans brought their families here, named this community for their old home in Tennessee. Fayetteville Academy was built in 1850."
Erected 1954 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 9.315′ N, 86° 24.205′ W. Marker is in Fayetteville, Alabama, in Talladega County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Fayetteville Road (County Route 34) and Caudies Lake Road, on the right when traveling east on Old Fayetteville Road.