top of page
"Built by Andrew Jackson with U.S. Regulars, Tennessee Volunteers and friendly Cherokees and Creeks. Used as advance base during final phases of Creek Indian War, 1813-1814. Military cemetery nearby."
Erected 1953 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 10.032′ N, 86° 15.1′ W. Marker is in Sylacauga, Alabama, in Talladega County. Marker is on Fort Williams Street, on the right when traveling east. Fort Williams Street between Broadway Ave and South Norton Ave.
bottom of page