Mardisville, Originally called Jumper's Spring
"Site of U.S. Land Office for sale of lands ceded by Creek Indians, 1832. Early courts held here after Talladega County created. Named for Samuel W. Mardis, settled from Tennessee."
Erected 1953 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 22.97′ N, 86° 9.363′ W. Marker is near Talladega, Alabama, in Talladega County. Marker is on Alabama Route 21 north of Mardisville Road (County Road 241), on the right when traveling north.