Presbyterian Home For Children, Synod Of Alabama

Inscription:
"Presbyterian Church In The United States
"Originally conceived 1864 as a home for children of Confederate dead by Synod in session at Selma. Opened at Tuskegee 1868 - relocated in Talladega 1891. A haven for dependent youth of Alabama providing training, education, and worship in a Christian atmosphere."

Erected 1963 by Alabama Historical Association.

Location. 33° 26.04′ N, 86° 5.201′ W. Marker is in Talladega, Alabama, in Talladega County. Marker is on Ashland Highway (State Highway 77) east of Chaffee Street, on the right when traveling east.