"In April 1950, Alabama’s last two living Confederate veterans met here to discuss shared experiences of the Civil War. Local resident Col. Pleasant ‘Riggs’ Crump was visited by Gen. James Moore of Selma, commander of the Alabama chapter of the United Confederate Veterans. Present at the surrender at Appomattox 85 years earlier, Crump had returned to the Lincoln area after the Civil War. He was a member of the Refuge Baptist Church which he served as deacon for 71 years, and was buried in this cemetery after his death in 1951 at the age of 104."
Erected 2010 by Sons of Confederate Veterans Fighting Joe Wheeler Camp 1372, Birmingham.
Location. 33° 39.047′ N, 86° 7.004′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, Alabama, in Talladega County. Marker is on Holly Hill Road (County Route 7), on the right when traveling south. The marker is located if front of Halls Cemetery across the road from Refuge Baptist Church.